Prof. Dr. Amung Ma’mun, M.Pd.
Name: Amung Ma’mun
Profession: Lecturer, Researcher, and Ketua Dewan Pendidikan Jawa Barat
Date of Birth: 19 Januari 1960
Years with Firm/Entity: 34 years
Membership of Professional Societies:
- Executive Board Member Asia-Pacific Association of Sport Studies (APASS)
- Indonesian Bachelor of Education Association
- Indonesian Sports Scholars Association
- UPI FPOK Alumni Association
Detailed Tasks Assigned:
Implementing Tridharma Higher Education, namely Education, Research, and Community Service.
My expertise is in the field of sports policy and development. The practical implications of this expertise are in accordance with the theoretical and operational foundations that have been practiced in formulating strategic development planning (coaching and development) in the sports field, both at the regional level through the West Java Sports and Youth Office, West Java KONI, and at the national level at the Ministry of Youth and Sports. Other skills that have been practiced are related to scientific development and sports resources, development of cooperation in the field of national and international sports, one of which is realizing cooperation in sports development and development between the government of West Java and Gyeongsangbuk Province, South Korea. Apart from being a lecturer, I also understand the government bureaucracy from experience in the structure of the West Java Provincial Government as Head of the Echelon II Sports and Youth Service for more than 3 years, Chair II who is in charge of Achievement Development, Research and Development at KONI West Java (4 Years) and Ministry of Youth and Sports with his last position as Expert Staff to the Minister of Echelon I (2011-2016). I am also a supervisor for undergraduate, master, and doctoral students. In my current position as the Head of the Masters (S2) and Doctoral (S3) Study Programs, I have also collaborated with the Indonesian Ministry of Youth and Sports (2018) and West Java KONI (2018) to organize Masters (S2) Sports Education for outstanding sportsmen and sports coaches. the national and regional levels of West Java.
- Doctor of Sports Education, Universitas Negeri Jakarta Postgraduate Program, Indonesia, 2002
- Masters in Sports Education, Postgraduate Program at the Institut Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Jakarta (current UNJ), Indonesia, 1996
- Bachelor of Sports Education, Institut Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Jakarta Bandung / Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia or UPI now, Bandung, Indonesia, 1985.
- Additional Training and Education:
- Class XV Short Education Program (PPSA / KSA), Lemhannas RI, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2007.
- Physical Education and Sports, Kanazawa University, Monbusho, Japan, 1990-1992.
- Upgrading of P4 and National Level Youth Leadership Training, Ministry of Youth and Sports / DPP KNPI, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1984.
- 2020-present, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI), as Professor of Sports Policy and Development.
- Implementing the Tridharma of Higher Education, namely Education, Research, and Community Service in the field of sports policy and development.
- 2016-2020, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, as the Head of the Sports Education Study Program at the Masters (S2) and Doctoral level (S3) UPI Postgraduate School.
- Manage study programs in the implementation of education, teaching, learning, curriculum development, improving the quality of study program services, developing student activities, and implementing community service.
- 2019-2024, West Java Education Office, as Chairman of the West Java Education Board.
- As a bridge between the community and the government regarding the development of policies to improve the quality of education services in West Java.
- 2014-2016, Ministry of Youth and Sports, as Expert Staff to the Minister.
- Take an active role in providing considerations in accordance with expertise in formulating sports and youth policies.
- 2013-2014, Ministry of Youth and Sports, as Assistant Deputy for Youth Capacity Building.
- Formulate and implement programs in the field of capacity building for youth nationally.
- 2011-2012, Ministry of Youth and Sports, as Assistant Deputy for Youth Resources Improvement.
- To formulate and organize youth resource fields, such as: youth exchanges between provinces throughout Indonesia and youth exchanges between countries such as Indonesia-Japan, Indonesia-Canada, Indonesia-Korea, Indonesia-China, Indonesia and ASEAN countries, and others- other.
- 2008-2011, West Java Regional Youth and Sports Service, as Head of Service.
- Formulate a strategic plan in the field of sports and youth development and carry out various programs in the sports and youth sector in accordance with the intended strategic plan.
- 2006-2010, West Java National Sports Committee, as Chairman II.
- Formulate strategic plans and carry out coaching and development of West Java’s achievement sports in preparation to participate in various national and international events, such as National Championship, PON, SEA Games, and others.
- 2000-2008, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, as Dean of the Faculty of Sports and Health Education UPI.
- Leading a Faculty institution which consists of several departments / departments and study programs, including: the implementation of Education, Research and Community Service as well as the development of science and technology in the field of sports.
- 2001-2005, Regional Board of the All Indonesian Fencing Association, West Java, as General Chair.
- Compile the coaching and development of West Java’s achievement sports in preparing for various national and international events, such as National Championship, PON, SEA Games, etc.
- 1998-2002, West Java National Sports Committee, as Chairman of the Research and Development Division.
- Compile coaching and sports development to support increased sports achievement in West Java.
- 1996-2000, Department of Sports and Health Education FPOK-UPI, as Chairman.
- Regulating the Departments / Departments in the implementation of education, teaching, learning, curriculum development, improving the quality of Department / Department services, developing student activities, and implementing community service.
- Amung Ma’mun & Agus Mahendra, 2021, Sport and Development in Indonesia: Sport Policy in the Reformation Era, Book Chapter of Sport and Development in Emerging Nations, Routledge.
- Amung Ma’mun, 2020, Indonesia’s Sport Policy and Development in the Old Order Era (1945–1967) and New Order Era (1967–1998), Book Chapter of The Routledge Handbook of Sport in Asia, Routledge.
- Amung Ma’mun, 2019, Governmental Roles in Indonesian Sport Policy: From Past to Present, The International Journal of the History of Sport, Vol 36 – Issue 4-5, DOI: 10.1080/09523367.2019.1618837
- Amung Ma’mun, 2019, The Indonesian National Sports Games (PON): Expectations and Reality, Jurnal Pendidikan Jasmani dan Olahraga, Vol 4 (1).
- Amung Ma’mun, Nuryadi, Suherman Slamet, Ceb Ubad Abdullah, 2018, Indonesia Advanced Sport Development, Proceeding of Indonesia Focus, Vol 1 (1).
- Amung Ma’mun, Ceb Ubad Abdullah, 2018, Club head variability in chipping golf skills: The effectiveness of results to the hole, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol 13 (7): 1905-1915.
- Amung Ma’mun, 2018, Pembangunan Olahraga Nasional, Bandung: LEKKAS.
- Amung Ma’mun, 2018, Olahraga Kepemimpinan dan Politik, Bandung: LEKKAS.
- Amung Ma’mun, 2016, Pembudayaan Olahraga dalam Perspektif Pembangunan Nasional di Bidang Keolahragaan, 2015-2019: Konsep, Strategi, dan Implementasi Kebijakan, SOSIOHUMANIKA Vol 9 (1), DOI: 10.2121/sosiohumanika.v9i1.657
- Amung Ma’mun, 2016, Kepemimpinan dan Kebijakan Pembangunan Olahraga, Bandung CV. Warliartika.
- Amung Ma’mun, 2015, Development of the educational sport in Indonesia: The policy study based on the Law of National Sports System, ATIKAN Vol 5 (1), DOI: 10.2121/atikan-journal.v5i1.4.g3